I have always been a starter and never a finisher and now I find myself wanting to change that. Maybe that could become a New Year's Resolution. Hmmm. Anyway, I find myself with far too many knitting projects on the go and I am now resolved to finish them all or frog them. But I don't want to limit myself to finishing them all before I cast on anything new and you'll see why next week.
I need to finish:
- Wintersweet. This a beautiful shawl pattern from Ravelry designer Boo-Knits (my favourite Ravelery designer at the moment). Her patterns all look amazingly beautiful and complex but are so deceptively simple to knit. I am in awe of her. She inspires me to want to design.
- Distant Hours. Another of Boo-Knits beautiful shawls. I knit this one a few years ago for my sister-in-law when she was expecting our niece and am now knitting it for myself. I haven't got very far with it though, hence the photo is of the yarn I'm using rather than an in progress shot. The yarn for this and Wintersweet above are by a German indie dyer Dye For Yarn (available on Etsy) who produce amazing colours with fantastic names. Both of these shawls are being knit in their Tussah Silk Lace.
- My first pair of gloves knit in Adriafil Sierra Andina. Its a lovely rich colour, but it does shed a bit! One glove down, one to go!
- Kai-Mei socks by designer Cookie A. These have been on the needles FOREVER and I still haven't finished the first sock. The pattern is in the book Sock Innovation, which I thought I would knit several pairs from . Turns out that's unlikely to be the case as I've kind of lost my mojo there a bit. The photo below is from Interweave Knits.
- And I'm knitting a Baby Surprise Jacket for a friend whose first child is due any day now. In fact, is due tomorrow. No photo of that one!
So, with all this to finish and new things to start, how do I organise myself? Well, obviously I need to crack on with the baby jacket. That goes without saying. And then I think I could maybe get the second glove knitted before the bell tolls the arrival of the new year. I guess it's the socks and the shawls that I need to consider. I'll keep you updated!